Dear Dell,
When selecting a location for usb ports on the front of your machines, I will agree that near the base is a nice choice. And even though I personally feel that the plastic flip down cover is nothing but an annoyance, and my mom didn't know it opened for the first four months she owned the machine, I'll concede that it does look pretty snazzy.
Like at least half, if not more, of your customers, I put my computer tower on the floor, in order to maximise valuable desk space. And I use my usb ports a lot. I'm a geek. My ipod, my camera, my memory stick... I have no problem with reaching down to the floor. That's totally okay, I don't have to even get out of my chair.
My problem is that with your machine, I have to actually get out of my chair, andlie down on the floor underneath my desk in order to plug in any of my devices. What I would like to know is which of your genius designers made the decision to place the usb ports on a downwards 45 degree angle. The only potential use I can see for this is that I am able to close the snazzy door almost all the way, even with something plugged in.
I do not care about the closing of the snazzy door. What I care about is the fact that two or three times a day I'm lying on the floor, peering upwards, with my cheek against the linoleum, trying to get my memory stick/camera cable/ipod cable at just the right angle so that it will go in.
Please rest assured that I am cursing and swearing [yes! both!] in your general direction while I am doing this. If you would be so kind as to send me the name of said genius designer, I would be glad to direct my curses to a more specific source.
Thank you for your time,
-k.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home