---into the blue

wishing ctrl-z worked for life too

9.20.2005

sweet, sweet reality TV....

I swear there's a really long rambly post about my trip to Japan coming up. I was there for seven days, plus I spent what felt like twelve years in the San Francisco airport, so you can imagine how much babbling I have. And pictures! 300 pictures! 290 of which really really suck! Aren't you excited?

Anyways, the reason that I cannot currently post about Japan is fourfold:

1. I am moving this weekend. I have no boxes. Do you know how hard it is to find boxes? Especially when you refuse to just go to the moving store and pay for them? Really, boxes should constitutionally be free. Like a freedom of boxes clause. I'm sure that's in there somewhere.

The box shortage weighs horribly on my mind, especially when I look around and realise how much crap p and I have accumulated in this tiny tiny tiny space. There is also the issue that if we did have boxes that we could fill with stuff, we have nowhere to put said boxes once they are full. Have I mentioned that our space is tiny? It's really tiny.

2. I have the most horrible case of jet lag ever. The first two nights I couldn't sleep until 3 or 4 am, and then I slept through not one, but two alarm clocks, until 3 the following afternoon. Thankfully, I didn't have anywhere I needed to be earlier, but seriously, you just feel like a big loser when you sleep until 3 in the afternoon. 2pm? totally acceptable. 3? You're a big slug, and you have no life. The last two nights I've been going to bed at eleven, but waking up, super super awake, on ultra high alert, at 2am, and not being able to go back to sleep until 7:30am. This is so many kinds of awesome, I don't even know where to start.

3. I am trying to legally change my name and address. Apparently, having all your teeth removed by chainsaw is a less painful procedure than changing your legal name in the province of Alberta. I am currently in a small war with the registries. I need my marriage certificate so I can change my name. I need to change my name so I can change my address on my driver's license without having to pay an extra 60$ and wait four weeks for two new licenses. The lovely folks at the AMA mailed my marriage certificate to my new address, where it now sits in a super mailbox which I can't get a key to without showing a driver's license with my new address. wheeee!

4. The new season of reality TV has begun! I therefore have very little free time or brain cells. My new TV schedule:

Mondays: ...nothing yet. Mondays are the suck of the TV world anyways. I mean, c'mon, CSI: Miami?

Tuesdays: AMAZING RACE, my favorite show on the entire planet. I am in love with the Amazing Race. I would bear the Amazing Race's children. I would lick the Philimination mat clean and not even brush my teeth afterwards.

Wednesdays: Both America's Next Top Model and the Apprentice: Martha Stewart. In other words, shows p will mock me endlessly for watching, yet will watch with me "because you like them, sweetie". In other words, because sercretly, deep down, he finds the bitchiness just as entertaining as I do. Though I have heard that Janice has been cut from the judging panel, which will make me cry. Tyra, you're just jealous because Janice is made of higher grade plastic than you are.

Thursdays: Survivor: the return of Steph and Bobby Jon. I like Survivor. I know this makes me a horrible TV whore in the eyes of the world, but whatever. I fully accept that I am a prostitute for whatever Mark Burnett chooses to put on the air. Thursdays also contain CSI, the best show ever, and I badly need new episodes because I think I've seen all the old ones a million billion times, not that this stops me from watching those marathons on Spike.

Fridays and Saturdays: sometimes, I do have a life, TV addiction or not. Also, there's nothing on, so I'm forced to go out.

Sundays: Grey's Anatomy I just...like it, okay? I know it's basically ER with more soap, but, still, I'm going to watch it anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home