this post is about crabs and balls, but not THAT kind!
p and I...We currently have two obsessions. The first is those commercials, for some car or something, where a car is talking to a crab. Have you seen it? It is even funnier than the yeti ones.
Okay, so I just googled it, and it's a Honda Element. The crab commercial is here. (click on the bottom left hand corner. Don't watch the other ones. They will ruin it for you. Only the crab is comic genius.)
The basic premise of the ad is that, the crab? He pinches. And the car? Does not want to be pinched. p and I almost died when we saw it, in the theatre, before seeing Fun with Dick and Jane. The commercial, which probably cost like, three dollars and sixty two cents to make, was funnier to us than the movie, which, I'm just guessing here, probably cost a bit more. So, at least we're cheap, even if we're weird.
So basically for the last week, every time we see each other around the house, one person starts scuttling sideways ala Dr. Zoidberg, saying "Why no pinch?" The other person has to reply, "Maybe little pinch?" This must be accompanied by claw pinching hand motions. We've done this probably three thousand times now, and it hasn't gotten any less funny.
The other current obsession is a little harder to explain. We both have MSN plus on our IM clients. MSN plus lets you send people sounds, from a database they have of movie, game, TV...whatever sounds. You can find sounds to send with this "Find new random sounds" button.
p and his brother LOVE the sounds. They have conversations that consist of nothing but Futurama, South Park and Simpsons quotes. These conversations are very heartfelt, touching brotherly stuff, as you can imagine.
p was quite saddened the other day to realise that he'd left all his best downloaded sounds on his computer at his parents' house, and therefore couldn't send his brother their favorite sound, which is some army dude yelling, "Surprise, Cockface!" He couldn't just ask his brother to send him the file, because that would destroy the whole stealth attack of "Surprise, Cockface!". Obviously.
So he starts hitting the random sounds button, hoping it will pop up. It doesn't, but what does happen is that about every third time, sometimes more often, is you hear Will Farrell stage whisper, "Your balls are showing." Over and over and over again. It's not really that funny the first time, but the 400th time it pops up, it is pretty freakin' funny.
So now in addition to scuttling and pinching, we're also sneaking up behind each other and hissing "Your balls are showing." The other morning, I was drying my hair and p came in to take a shower, and as he's stripping, and I'm thinking, "sweet, I'm finally going to get to say it, and it's actually going to be true!!!" and I'm really thinking this will be TEH FUNNY, and I'm already so sure I'm going to be TEH FUNNY that I start laughing so hard that I cannot stand up straight, much less actually SAY it. p is completely lost, still half asleep, now half naked, and I'm bent over double laughing at like 7am, which let me tell you, is not my usual morning attitude. So he's going "WHAT?!?! WHAT?!?!???", and I'm laughing so hard I can't say, so finally he gives up, finished undressing, and then resignedly, looks at me still laughing, looks down, sighs, and says, "I get it. My balls are showing."
We are such nut jobs, it's a good thing we married each other. :)

1 Comments:
At 2:50 p.m.,
carly cat said…
omfg this is so funny; i bookmarked your blog maybe ten thousand years ago and was cleaning out my bookmarks when i read this post.
my boyfriend and I could not stop laughing as we read this - this is the same kind of shenanigans that we get into. i literally started crying from reading this aloud.
furthermore, that commercial IS hilarious.
Post a Comment
<< Home